Monday, August 1, 2011

Trial #1 - Jobless - Do you trust in me?

Hello, and thanks for stopping by! Now that I have more time, my goal is to update this blog regularly as a way to share (according to 2 Corinthians 1:3-4) what awesome things God is doing in our lives, challenges we are going through and how HE brings us through them. To Jesus be all the glory! Now, I need to catch you up on what has happened since my last post...

I am now a happily married woman and a stay at home wife and soon to be mommy. Yes, we found out that we are expecting our first child!

Since leaving my job, we found out in the middle of July that the hubby's contract would be ending at the end of the month. And on top of that, we found out that we are expecting our first child too. We are SO excited, but with the added excitement, comes concern too. So, without freaking out, we began planning. See a few months back, God laid it on my heart to start doing the Dave Ramsey "Peace University" program, and with that, we started a savings and rainy day fund. It is that very fund that will help carry us through. Praise God!

Hubby started looking for other jobs and preparing his resume to be passed around - I am so proud of him! The week that his contract ended, we received a random phone call from someone we met at our homegroup, offering an interim job - what a blessing! I believe this is just what we needed to confirm our faith in God that he WILL provide. So, thank you friends for being obedient to what God has laid on your hearts, you will be blessed by it!

We aren't sure exactly how long this job will last, but in the meantime we are doing our best to have faith. My job at home is to find practical ways to live frugally, figure out things we can sell, and make sure that my hubby is taken care of and feels supportive. I have been researching cheap ways to eat and learning the art of couponing. My prayer is that each week, God gives me more and more wisdom on how to stretch our family's money.

Stay tuned to see how God will be working in our lives throughout this new season of trials. And, please comment..I would love to receive encouragement, tips, etc!

Note: If you see an advertisement that strikes your fancy, click on it. By clicking on the advertisements, you will help me make some side income. Thanks so much for stopping by!


God bless you, my friend.

1 comment: